Are you looking for an easy appetizer? This recipe was adapted into mini bites verses making in large muffin pans when I was having my birthday party. Although they were easy to make and were tasty, just like lasagna, I only got 12 mini muffins and needed more appetizers for less work on the actual party day.
- 1/2 pound ground beef. salt and pepper.
- seasoning to Taste-We like a bit of spice so added garlic, onion and garlic powder.
- 12/24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce (Prego)
- (optional) basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown beef, and seasoning and/or with salt and pepper. Drain.
- Mix 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese together and set aside for the top of your bites.
- Spray Mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Start layering your lasagna bites. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each mini muffin tin.
- Mix remaining 1/2 Parmesan Cheese and 1/2 mozzarella Cheese together for cheese Mixture in a small mixing bowl, add in 1 Cup of ricotta cheese, Mix together.
- Sprinkle a little cheese mixture in each muffin tin.
- Top with a little meat
- Add another Wonton Layer.
- Add layer of pasta sauce.
- Repeat for other muffin tins. Layers again (i.e. wonton, cheese mixture, meat, wonton, sauce).
- Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
- Add to wrapper
When I cooked mine I had them cooking in the wrapper and it was too hot; the wrapper got wet /oily. It would be better to add a wrapper if needed after cooking. Enjoy the bites and eat up.