- Reasons to make your own dog treats
- Control what is in the recipe
- Know what your dog likes, tasty
- Unhealthy additives
I found this recipe online. Okay I’m not sure why I picked this one. It has bananas. Doesn’t that sound good for dogs? I mixed the dough, I liked the shape, using a cookie cutter.
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/4 C oatmeal
1 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
- The dog isn’t too happy with these. It nibbles the ends. I think she wants meat flavor. They frankly make better squirrel and bird food.
Still looking for a good dog treat recipe.